After graduating from the University of Virginia, Dr. Peter Possert completed his medical training at the University of Cincinnati, where he also completed his residency in radiation oncology.
Dr. Possert enjoys spending time with his family, hiking, golfing and skiing in his spare time.
Dr. Possert practices out of our Atlanta and Cherokee offices.
Education & Training
- Medical Education, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine
- Residency, Barrett Cancer Center at the University of Cincinnati Hospital
Certifications & Affiliations
- Board Certified, American Board of Radiology
- Certified, Gamma Knife Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Lung Cancer
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- RapidArc® IMRT
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- High-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy
- Prostate seed implantation
- Partial breast irradiation
- CT simulation with 4D gating
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
- Gamma Knife®
- Deep inspiration breath hold technique (DIBH) for breast cancers
Northside Provider Directory Details
View Dr. Peter Possert's profile in the Northside Hospital Physician Directory