About Dr. Sarah Westergaard
Dr. Sarah Westergaard received her Bachelor of Science in chemistry and medical services from Mississippi College where she graduated cum laude. After earning her medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch, she went on to complete her
internship and residency at Emory University. Throughout her training, Dr. Westergaard has focused her research on lung cancer. She is committed to providing care with an emphasis on treating the patient and not just their disease while staying focused
on how various options will affect their quality of life.
In her spare time, Dr. Westergaard enjoys hiking, dancing, traveling, and game nights.
Dr. Westergaard practices out of our Cherokee office.
Education & Training
- Medical Education, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Residency, Radiation Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
- Member, American Society for Radiation Oncology
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- RapidArc® IMRT
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- High-dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy
- Gamma Knife®
- Partial breast irradiation
- CT simulation with 4D gating
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)
- Deep inspiration breath hold technique (DIBH) for breast cancers